(707) 708-1191
U Visa page Banner

Fiancé Visa

Fiancé Visa

Fiance visa immigration services California

The fiancé(e) K-1 non-immigrant visa is for a foreign-citizen fiancé of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits foreign-citizen fiancés to travel to the United States. And marry their U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR). Because a fiancé(e) visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival in the United States. The fiance must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa. Eligible children of K-1 visa applicants receive K-2 visas.

Both the U.S. citizen and the K-1 visa applicant must have been legally free. To marry at the time the petition was filed and must have remained so thereafter. The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the U.S. state in which the marriage will take place. In general, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) and U.S. citizen sponsor must have met in person within the past two years. USCIS may grant an exception to this requirement, based on extreme hardship for the U.S. Citizen sponsor to personally meet the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), or. For example, if it is contrary in the U.S. citizen sponsor’s or foreign-citizen fiancé(e)’s. Culture for a man and woman to meet before marriage.

Contact us if you have question or for a free consultation Realted to Green Cards through Family Member.